Wednesday, January 9, 2013
1. a branch of medicine or surgery that deals with conditions affecting the nose and larynx.
Due to extenuating circumstances, Pinocchio developed an interest in rhinolaryngology as a child. Yet, after achieving fame at such an early age, few people expected him to grow up to be a reputable rhinolaryngologist.
Synonyms: laryngology, otolaryngology,
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
1. causing sorrow.
2. feeling sorrow.
3. dear, precious, cherished.
4. careful, cautious, circumspect.
5. fastidious, shy, particular.
7. careful not to waste or part with.
8. requiring careful handling.
No stories or poems were ever created about the chary love between Oscar and Florrie because is was requited, genuine, and went utterly unfulfilled; no one wants to remember that.
*Chary is really the only word that says so many things so concisely. I think Damien Rice could have used it for his song: "Delicate."