Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bent

bent (bnt)

verb
1. Past tense and past participle of bend.
He will bend the spoon; I'm bending the spoon; and she bent the spoon.

Synonyms: arch, bow, contort, crimp, crinkle, crook, curl, deform, flex. hook, pervert, twist, warp, wind, zigzag.

adjective
1. No longer straight or even.
All of her pens were bent because she habitually chewed on them.

Synonyms: angled, arched, bowed, contorted, crooked, doubled over, hooked, twisted, warped.

2. A kind of determination.
He was hell bent on making sure I would never forget him.

Synonyms:
bound, decided, disposed, firm, inclined, intent, predisposed, preference, resolute, resolved, set, settled, tendency.

3. Angry.
Our conversation left me a little bent.

Synonyms: angry, annoyed, bothered, grumpy, irritated, moody. pissed off.

4. Not exactly heterosexual.
I don't know if I'm gay, but I'm not straight. Let's put it this way, I'm a little bent.

Synonyms: bisexual, queer.

noun
1. A state of being or a disposition that requires an adjective to refine it.
I'm insanely bent on perverting the dictionary for my own purposes.

Synonyms:
bent, craving, fixation, inclination, thing.

2. The state of being intoxicated through excessive use of alcohol and marijuana.
After all this time, he got bent and decided to ask me how I felt about the way our relationship ended. That's right, he got bent and texted me at three in the morning!

Synonyms: befuddled, krunk, pissed, wasted.

3. The state of just being messed up.
I should have told him to get bent!

Synonyms: you don't want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment