Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Gadzooks

gad-zooks (gadˈzo͞oks)

interjection
1. An expression of surprise, shock etc.
Well, gadzooks! Zippy's getting his freak on.

Synonyms: ain't that the cat's pajamas, ay caramba, ay chihuahua, blow me down, by Jove, crikey, cripes, dagnabbit, fiddlesticks, gee whiz, goodness gracious, great Scott, Great Googly Moogly, Heavens to Betsy, holy cow, gosh, holy Hannah, holy mackerel, holy Moses, horsefeathers, impertinent little monkey, Jiminy Christmas, jinkies, Judas priest, Jumpin' Jehosaphat, Merlin's beard, moly, leaping lizards, oh my God, oh my Goddess, oh my stars and garters, Suffering Sappho, sweet merciful crap, Sweet Mother of Preston Tucker, Sweet Zombie Jesus, well bust my buttons, "Well paint me red and call me Shirley," what in tarnation, what in the world, wow, wowzers, yipes.

* This word might be an alteration of God's hooks, the nails of the crucifixion of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment