Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Necromantic

nec-ro-man-tic (nĕkˈrə-mănˈtĭk)

adjective
1. Involving communication or resurrection of the dead, especially through black magic.
Saying "I told you so" should never involve necromantic feats.

Synonyms: bewitched, clairvoyant, conjuring, demonic, eerie, enchanted, ensorcelled, entranced, ghostly, haunted, imaginary, mystic, occult, otherworldly, parapsychological, runic, spectral, thaumaturgic, weird.

noun
1. A magic trick or feat of conjuring.
If necromantics only worked, I could settle a few things with someone I miss.

Synonyms: abracadabra, bewitchment, charm, cunjuration, enchantment, hex, hocus-pocus, incantation, jinx, magic, mumbo jumbo, voodoo, witchery.

2. A magician or conjurer.
I'm a set-up for the moon when its bright,
I'm incurably necromantic.*
And I shouldn't be allowed out at night,
With anyone quite like you.

Synonyms: charmer, conjurer, diabolist, diviner, enchanter, enchantress, fortune teller, illusionist, magician, medium, mentalist, necromancer, seer, shaman, sorcerer, theurgist, trickster, warlock, witch, witch doctor, wizard.

* I may have mixed up romantic and necromantic here, which isn't hard. Necromantic sounds a little like a what you feel on a date with a vampire. Really, this is the most necromantic song I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment