Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Nebulous

neb-u-lous (nby-ls)

adjective
1. Characterized by a cloud-like haziness.
My understanding of life after death is nebulous at best. I fancy the belief that the soul carries on in some nebulous manner, but, then again, my affection for those fantasies are the direct result of neurochemical reactions in my brain that will cease after my heart stops beating.
2. Vague or ill-defined.
If the second definition for this word isn't nebulous, I have failed at my goals as a logophile.
3. Related to or resembling a nebula.
That diffuse mass of interstellar dust or gas is nebulous to say the least.

Synonyms: ambiguous, amorphous, blobby, characterless, cloudy, formless, hazy, inchoate, imprecise, indefinite, indeterminate, indistinct, irregular, misty, murky, nondescript, shadowy, shapeless, uncertain, unclear, unformed, unshapen, unstructured, vague.

* Anything we say about life is nebulous. All we have is now. No one really knows why we are here or what it's all for. All we can do is make the most of what we've got and give everything we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment